A task analysis breaks down a task into smaller steps for the learner to follow. This resource is a step-by-step visual display of the routine hand washing.
WHEN TO USE
Use a task analysis to visually show the individual steps of an activity or routine when a learner is working towards independence on a specific task. This resource is also helpful for staff to follow the steps of the routine consistently when working with the learner.
HOW TO USE
1. Assess the learner’s ability to use the bathroom. Document ach step in the task analysis the learner can complete independently.
2. Determine which level of prompting the learner will need to complete each step in the task analysis.
3. Place a laminated copy of the bathroom task analysis in a place that is easy for the learner to see while completing the task.
4. Prompt the learner to use the bathroom.
5. Touch or show the learner the bathroom task analysis and provide the appropriate prompt for each step in the task analysis until the learner has completed their bathroom outine.
6. Continue to take data as the learner uses the task analysis.
7. Fade the prompt for each step as the learner successfully completes that step.